Thursday, 5 January 2012

An epic love story

It started like the biggest cliche.

I sat alone in the cafe eating my sandwich, drinking a cup of coffee, reading a book. I am loner most of the time now, by choice if not anything else. I like the pleasure of my own company, of solitude. Of being able to change my plans whenever I want, pick up and leave whenever my heart feels like it.

I paid and walked out of the cafe realizing that it was raining. Heavy raindrops on my head. I should have stayed inside, drank another cup of coffee, read another chapter of my book. Stayed inside to be warm. Instead, I had already made my bed as you may call it, so I walked on. Numerous things on my mind, errands to run, groceries to buy.

The rain kept on coming down heavier, until I knew I had to run in somewhere else, so I turned right, into the first shop I spied. I walked in, covered in rain, my bulky down jacket and my disheveled hair. I was paid no heed, this dripping wet girl in her unfashionable jacket.

I walked to the counter corner, looking at the wares on display, when the salesgirl turns around and places something in front of the customer next to me. I felt the calling, the strong urge, so I turned...

and fell madly in love



It was 50% off!!!

Hello baby

1 comment: