Monday, 6 June 2011

Not all those who wander are lost...

Welcome.

Let me be honest with you. I had been thinking for a while now, about a change in career. I was a paper pushing, slide making, excel junkie consultant. I enjoyed it for a little bit, the continuous change, the big questions, the strategies. I loved the life it gave me, afforded me. Making more than almost every single one of my peers. Being able to buy whatever I wanted without even thinking.

But there were downsides. I spent most nights dreading the morning. I barely got enough sleep. I lost too much weight, put on too much weight. I cried. A lot. I never wanted to leave my bed.

I had dreams. Ambitions. I wanted to dance. Read. Travel. Run. I wanted to pick up my bags and just disappear.

I wanted to just disappear.

So... after long deliberations, and long long thoughts. I worked together with my company to carve a way out for me, temporarily. I 'quit' my job. Though quitting is too strong a term. I am trying out new things. Moving out of my comfort zone. I am taking this year off, to wander, while at the same time. To remember, the person I used to be. The way I used to grow up. The hunger I used to have.

These will be my adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment