Thursday, 30 June 2011

Singapore

Seasons change, people change

Dinner with old friends from college. An ex actually, though an ex-what was something I never truly solved. Together with him one of his closest friend. She became a close friend of mine too over the years.

Every time I come down to Singapore I try to meet up with them. She and I get along well and I like her company. He and I probably hicupped along post our post college demise until suddenly one day it all worked out, and we could be friends exactly as friends could.

I found out tonight her husband had recently left his job.

"Things change so fast, the next thing I know, Ill come back and ex would be married"
"Actually maybe that's not so far ahead in the cards"

As I left him goodbye, and the cab drove away - Adele's Someone like you starts playing.
Such bittersweet irony.

But the thing is, what is this year if not one to look back and reflect and to learn. With him, I learnt to be stronger, I was reminded to not let people walk all over me. With him, I learnt to walk away.

I truly believe that you go through life with numerous soulmates. At that point in your life, with who you are as a person, perhaps that person was the right one for you. But as you change, and life changes, the right person for you changes too. He wasn't right for me, and he will never be right for me. But right now, with all my heart, I wish him a lifetime of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment