I am slowly trying to settle in, though I have yet to move into my permanent residence. Instead, I am left here writing on the top floor in small hotel with a great view into the backyard. Spying into the real moments of Dutch life, a group of people drinking wine together in the dining room on a Friday night, teachers standing in front of a white board teaching groups of students. A pink sunrise behind the clock tower.
Im about to head back to Malaysia for a little bit. Two meetings back to back back in Asia. After that, I return to Europe, and for how long this time, I have no idea.
I have walked all over Amsterdam, and I am looking forward to cycling around the city as well. My office is in the middle of a beautiful forest area in Zeist and I spend every morning cycling for five minutes through the fall foliage from the train station in. The greatest way to start any day.
I plan non-stop in my head. As soon as I unpack, as soon as I settle in, I will be back on my itchy feet, wandering around Europe. I am hoping to do a new country at least once a month and am thinking of starting it off with a Viennese ball. What could be prettier, than a beautiful winter in Vienna. After all, if youre going to be freezing cold, you might as well be freezing cold in a city with great music, snow, bright lights and light feet.
In February I plan to head off to Norway and to spend the winter staring up up into the sky, watching the Northern lights dance away across the sky. I had always wished that I would be able to see it with my someone special, if I was lucky enough with that someone special for the rest of my life. But then again, I am someone special, so I might as well treat me to the worlds most magical show.
I am still at lost for March - perhaps I shall take on my friends offers and visit Germany or Prague or Slovakia. Or perhaps I wont need to choose between all three of it.
Come April I think I should try to stay put. It is supposed to be beautiful here too by then, the time when people start flocking back into the city. Short trips all around Netherlands, short trips perhaps to Belgium as well.
May comes my last month here, and I leave no plans for it just yet.
New years just around the corner, should I try to ring in the bell from London? this time making sure I make the celebratory fireworks, rewriting my London New Years of 2004 that was spent indoors watching a re-run of the Friends finale.
Im about to head back to Malaysia for a little bit. Two meetings back to back back in Asia. After that, I return to Europe, and for how long this time, I have no idea.
I have walked all over Amsterdam, and I am looking forward to cycling around the city as well. My office is in the middle of a beautiful forest area in Zeist and I spend every morning cycling for five minutes through the fall foliage from the train station in. The greatest way to start any day.
I plan non-stop in my head. As soon as I unpack, as soon as I settle in, I will be back on my itchy feet, wandering around Europe. I am hoping to do a new country at least once a month and am thinking of starting it off with a Viennese ball. What could be prettier, than a beautiful winter in Vienna. After all, if youre going to be freezing cold, you might as well be freezing cold in a city with great music, snow, bright lights and light feet.
In February I plan to head off to Norway and to spend the winter staring up up into the sky, watching the Northern lights dance away across the sky. I had always wished that I would be able to see it with my someone special, if I was lucky enough with that someone special for the rest of my life. But then again, I am someone special, so I might as well treat me to the worlds most magical show.
I am still at lost for March - perhaps I shall take on my friends offers and visit Germany or Prague or Slovakia. Or perhaps I wont need to choose between all three of it.
Come April I think I should try to stay put. It is supposed to be beautiful here too by then, the time when people start flocking back into the city. Short trips all around Netherlands, short trips perhaps to Belgium as well.
May comes my last month here, and I leave no plans for it just yet.
New years just around the corner, should I try to ring in the bell from London? this time making sure I make the celebratory fireworks, rewriting my London New Years of 2004 that was spent indoors watching a re-run of the Friends finale.
that is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteto start a day like that.
and do not worry about someone special
you will find someone to share it with
time will come. to testify.